We have set off on our first practice adventure driving down to Spain and back. We are taking 3 days to get to Camallera with stop overs in Beauvais and Millau.
We took the chunnel to get to France, it was really quiet so we got an earlier train than we planned!
We have just completed the first two legs of the journey and we are in our hotel in Millau. The difference between the two hotels is chalk and cheese. Yesterday we stayed in a Campanile at Beauvais and it was lucky to get a one cheer, this hotel is called Chateau De Creissels and is a definite 3 cheers and depending on the meal tonight may make it to a Wow! The interesting thing is the prices for the hotels and food are almost the same.
The weather so far as been fantastic sunny, blue skies, 13C when we left but 18C when we got to Millau, warm enough to have a drink outside on the lawn, well you have to don’t you. Only complaint is the sun is in the wrong place to take a picture of the Millau bridge; will have to do it at breakfast in the morning.
Last leg tomorrow down into Spain and it’s only a 3 hour drive. I only hope the weather holds.
We have paid the final balances for the first stages of our journey and now we are all set as far as Vancouver. In the next few weeks we will pay the rest. There is nothing like parting with money to make it feel real!
We have now settled in to our new basecamp in Dorset and are finalising the details for the early stages of our world trip. As with any major project it is always good practice to undertake a trial run to shake out any issues that might arise; so we are taking two trips over the next few weeks, one to Spain and one to Cornwall.
Ok, now that our house move is complete it’s time for us to get back to our trip planning. We have had some unwanted news re our original plans to travel back from Budapest by river spending two weeks cruising the Danube and the Rhine. Now all the brochures for the 2017 season are out we have discovered that the cruises do not start until the 1st April! This would mean extending the trip by about 3 weeks or going to plan B. Continue reading Time For A Plan B→
We were contacted at the weekend by Audley Travel to discuss our choice of airline for a direct flight from Darwin to Bali. There are only two airlines that offer a direct flight so we chose the one with the best departure time, we are flying with Air Asia.
We also heard from Princess Cruises to remind us that we will need both USA & Canadian Visas for our trip with them.